Chalonne watchbands are made with premium, sometimes delicate materials, and as such, should be handled and maintained with care. Much of our collection is made with natural materials which can differ from piece to piece. 14k gold is a soft metal, which will scratch and show wear over time. High-grade leathers will naturally darken and form creases at the buckle, which is normal as our bands are designed to mold to your wrist.
As with most leather goods, the level at which you care for the product directly affects its lifespan. Expanding your watchband collection to have a selection of bands to switch out on a daily basis will help extend their lifetime--but we also recommend switching bands daily, to match your OOTD and express your personal style!
Please follow these important guidelines to avoid damaging your band:
- Always handle your band with clean, dry hands.
- Avoid dropping or hitting your band against a hard surface as gemstones may crack, shatter or break.
- Do not wear while bathing, showering, swimming, sunbathing, exercising, or any activity that exposes you to wet or damp environments.
- Avoid exposing your band to:
- water, excessive sunlight, humidity and perspiration
- perfumes, alcohol, lotions, sunscreens, oils and any other beauty products
- household chemicals and cleaning products
- sharp objects and ink products
- Take extra care with our natural fur bands, like the Timbavati and Waiheke bands, as these styles are prone to shedding and may wear more on the edges.