All of our Chalonne designs should be worn and handled with care as you would with any piece of fine jewelry. Much of our collection is made with natural materials which can differ from piece to piece and may be damaged should they not be worn with care.
Gold is a soft metal, which will naturally scratch and show wear over time. Genuine leather will darken and develop a light sheen or patina with age.
Please follow these guidelines to avoid damaging your strap:
- Handle your strap with clean, dry hands
- Gemstones may crack, shatter or break if dropped or hit against a hard surface
- Do not wear while bathing, showering, swimming, sunbathing or exercising
- Avoid exposing your strap to:
- water, excessive sunlight, humidity and perspiration
- perfume, alcohol, lotions, sunscreen, oils and any other beauty products
- household chemicals and cleaning products
- contact with sharp objects to avoid scratching (such as keys) and any ink products (such as pens and markers)
How to Clean:Leather & Alligator
If your strap requires cleaning, wipe with a slightly damp, soft, lint-free cloth. Ensure you dry it thoroughly using a dry, soft cloth and then leave it to dry completely, without exposing it to the sun or any other strong sources of heat.
You may clean the jewelry on our straps with a soft cloth designed especially for use with jewelry. Do not use jewelry cleaning products as they may damage the leather.
Do not attempt to clean any furs, such as shearling, yourself. Please bring your piece to a reputable vendor who specializes in fur care.